A. Answer the following questions:
1. Which modes of transport do the people use to move around in the city?
2. What are the things that the people carry with them, while moving around?
3. Where all do you find these very busy people?
4. Where have you seen crowds of people?
5. Why do you think all these people are in a hurry?
B. Tick (œ“) the correct answer (Multiple Choice Questions):
1. Where is the subway?
(a) Above the ground
(b) Below the ground
(c) In the sky
(d) All of these
2. When it rains the people use:
(d) all of these
3. To go up and down in tall buildings people use:
(d) none of these
4. We find the very busy people in:
(a) small villages
(b) big cities
(d) none of these
C. State True or False:
1. The poem describes life in a town.
2. There are eight stanzas ir the poem.
3. The people in the poem are in a hurry.
4. Some people in the poem are also in the train.
- Worksheet for Class 5 English Sing a Song of People Assignment 1
- Worksheet for Class 5 English Sing a Song of People Assignment 2
D. Let’s write the opposites of the following words:
1. slow ………………..
2. up …………………
3. back ……………..
4. tall ……………….
5. below …………….
6. loud ………………
E. Did you observe that in the poem, the last words in every second and fourth line rhyme with each other? Can you write a four line poem?
F. Find out how many people are there in our country:
1. Do we have enough land for all people on this earth?
2. Is there enough food and water for all people?
G. Find out the following from ten families living in your neighbourhood:
* F = Family
1. How many members are educated in each family?
2. From amongst the ten families, how many are educated?
3. Now talk to your partner and then write a report about your neighbourhood.
H. Read and listen to these two poems with your partner and find out what are the things that the village child and the city child like and write at given space:
I. Discuss and write:
1. The people who live in cities often wish they could live in quiet towns. Do you like the place you live in?
2. Tell your,partner two things you like and don’t like about the place you live in and write:
J. Interview your teacher and get her responses for the following questions:
1. Why did you become a teacher?
2. How do you come to school everyday?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. What kinds of books do you like to read?
5. What are your hobbies?
Now write a paragraph about your teacher with the information you have gathered:
My teacher says she became a teacher because