India celebrates Republic Day on 26th January annually with a lot of pride and enthusiasm. It marks the day when India became truly independent and embraced democracy. Thus this day is of a lot of impotence to every Indian citizen. This day marks a new beginning of independent India and unique to all Indians.
We are providing two essay samples for class 5 on the topic ‘Republic Day’ for reference.
Short Essay on Republic Day of 100 Words
The Parliament passed the Constitution of India on 26th January 1950, so this day is celebrated as Republic Day throughout the entire nation. Almost three years post-independence India became a sovereign, socialist and democratic republic.
This day is of a lot of importance to every Indian citizen as it acknowledges the struggle for independence and marks the birth of a new and free nation.
This day is a National Holiday, and every citizen celebrates this day by flag hoisting and singing of the National Anthem. The national festival of Republic Day holds a grand parade in the capital of India.
Long Essay on Republic Day of 150 Words
India celebrates Republic Day on 26th January 1950. On this day the Constitution of India made by Dr B.R Ambedkar, also known as ‘Chief Architect of The Constitution came into force. On this day, India was declared as a sovereign, socialist and democratic republic, which meant no other power would rule over India.
The president of India hoists the Indian flag at Rajpath, Delhi. A parade is held from the India Gate. Schools and other educational institutions celebrate Republic Day by hoisting the flag and singing the National Anthem. Often the cultural program is arranged on this day to portray ‘unity in diversity’ throughout the nation.
Republic Day has great significance in history as it tells the story of the struggle of independence by the people. On this day, all citizens of India take an oath to maintain harmony and peace in their country and protect the Constitution of India.
10 Lines on Republic Day in English
- India celebrates Republic Day on 26th January every year as on this day in the Constitution of India was adopted.
- On this day, India became a sovereign, socialist and democratic republic.
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar is the architect of the Constitution.
- The Constitution of India gives fundamental rights to all the citizens of India.
- Republic Day stands as an assertion for the freedom fighters of India and their sacrifices.
- Republic Day is one of the national festivals of India.
- All educational institutions celebrate Republic Day.
- The President of India hoists the Indian flag at the India Gate and holds a parade at Rajpath.
- On this day, all Indians sing the National Anthem and take an oath to maintain peace and harmony in the country.
- This day is celebrated with a lot of patriotism by different cultural programs all across the nation.
Frequently Asked Questions on Republic Day Essay
Question: Why is Republic Day important?
Answer: Republic Day marks the birth of democratic India. The Constitution put several rights to freedom of the ordinary citizens on 26th January 1950. It reminds us of the need for independence and motivates the younger generation to strive for the country.
Question: What is Republic Day Celebration?
Answer: Republic Day is a day of pride for the people of the nation. It is celebrated by hoisting the Indian flag and singing the National Anthem of India. A parade is also organized in the capital of India. All institutions commemorate the day in their ways with little cultural programs. All citizens of India take an oath to protect the country and maintain its heritage.
Question: What should ‘Republic Day’ essay consist?
Answer: ‘Republic Day’ essay should consist of when and why we celebrate the festival. We can also include how the festival is celebrated throughout the nation.