CISF Recruitment is an annual process conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The UPSC conducts CAPF exam annually to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandant in Central Industrial Security Forces(CISF) and several other forces like ITBP, SSB, NGS, CISF, CRPF, Assam Rifles and BSF.
Apart from this, UPSC also conducts an inter-departmental exam known as CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Limited Departmental Competitive Exam recruitment.
The article aims to provide detailed information on both CAPF CISF recruitment as well as Inter-departmental CISF AC (EXE) LDCE recruitment. Check the links below-
CAPF CISF Notification 2020-21
- The notification for CAPF 2020 is released on August 18th, to conducted recruitment exam for CISF on December 20th 2020. Further details can be checked on the CAPF Recruitment page.
UPSC has scheduled to conduct the common CAPF examination for recruiting candidates to the post of Assistant Commandant in CISF on December 20th 2020. The last date to apply for the 2020 CAPF exam for CISF is September 7th 2020.
The important dates and notifications for CAPF CISF recruitment 2020 are mentioned below:
|Name of the examination||Date of notification||Date of commencement of exam|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2020||18.08.2020||20.12.2020 (SUNDAY)|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2019||20.04.2019||18.08.2019 (SUNDAY)|
CAPF CISF Vacancy
As per the 2020 notification, there are a total of 209 vacancies available in various CAPF departments like Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
The vacancy details as per the posts for 2020 are given below:
|CAPF posts||Number of CAPF vacancies|
In 2019 notification, there were a total of 323 vacancies released for CAPF exam, while in 2018 notification the number of vacancies is 398. The table highlights the department-wise vacancies for 2019 and 2018:
|CAPF CISF Vacancies|
|CAPF posts||Number of CAPF vacancies 2019||Number of CAPF vacancies 2018|
CAPF CISF Assistant Commandant: Eligibility
Before applying for the post of an Assistant Commandant in CISF, the candidates must fulfil the eligibility conditions for the CAPF exam as stated by the UPSC. The eligibility conditions of CAPF exams include:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the exam. Any candidate who is not a citizen of India, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing will be debarred from the enrolment, appointment and employment as per the rules.
- Age: Candidates must have attained the age of 20 years and should not be more than 25 years of age as on 1st August 2020, i.e. he/she must have been born on or after 2nd August 1995 and not later than 1st August 2000.
- Sex: Both male and female can apply for the CAPF Exam.
- Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University to be eligible for the exam.
To know more about the CAPF eligibility conditions, refer to link provided.
CAPF CISF Assistant Commandant: Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The UPSC sets the CISF syllabus and exam pattern in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs. UPSC conducts CAPF exam annually for CISF recruitment. Candidates must go through the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern before applying for the exam.
The exam is conducted in 3 rounds:
- Round-I (Written Test): It consists of two papers:(a) Paper I (Objective Type)(b) Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
- Round-II: Physical Efficiency and Medical Test
- Round-III: Personal Ability Test / Interview
To know in details about the CAPF syllabus, refer to the link provided.
How to apply for CAPF CISF exam online?
The CAPF exam is conducted by UPSC under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Candidates can go through the following steps to apply for the CAPF exam online:
- Before filling up the online application form, candidates need to register themselves through the official website of UPSC.
- On the registration module, they need to provide their names, date of birth (as per your ID Cards & Matriculation Certificates) & email-id. The fields marked with * are compulsory to fill in.
- Candidates can apply online by using the official UPSC website. They should have a photo ID card such as Adhaar Card / Voter ID / Pan Card / Passport / Driving License or any other ID Card issued by the State/ Central Government.
- The candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID Card whose details have been provided in the online application.
- The eligible candidates shall be provided with an e-Admit Card three weeks before the exam date. The e-Admit Card will be available on the official UPSC website.
To know more about CAPF admit card, refer to the link provided.
|Preparing for UPSC CAPF? Boost your preparation level with –|
CISF AC EXE LDCE Notification 2021
The Union Public Service Commission has released CISF Notification 2021 to conduct the exam on March 14th 2021. The notification is for Inter-departmental exam i.e. CISF AC (EXE) LDCE 2021 notification. The application process for the same has started and interested aspirants can apply before 22nd December 2020. Candidates interested can go through the detailed CISF Notification 2021 on the PDF attached below.
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Notification 2021 PDF Download PDF Here
|Name of the examination||Date of Notification||Date of commencement of exam|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE-2021 Notification||December 2nd 2020||March 14th 2021 (SUNDAY)|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE-2020 Notification||December 4th 2020||March 1st 2020 (SUNDAY)|
For CISF AC (EXE) 2019, the last date to submit the application was 24th December 2019 while the last date to apply for CAPF Exam 2019 was on 20th May 2019.
- UPSC has released the CISF AC EXE LDCE Result 2020! The Union Public Service Commission on July 13th 2020 has announced the result for CISF Assistant Commandant 2020 exam conducted on March 1st 2020. The list of candidates shortlisted for the next round i.e. PET/PST test can be check in detail on the CISF Assistant Commandant Result 2020 PDF Given below:
The commission released the Question Paper of CISD AC EXE LDCE exam 2020 on March 3rd 2020. Candidates willing to check and download the PDF of CISF Assistant Commandant Executive LDCE Question Paper 2020, can visit the CISF Syllabus Page. For detailed notification on CISF AC LDCE 2020 exam check the link below.
UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant Inter-Departmental Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
CISF Vacancies: Assistant Commandants & AC (EXE) LDCE
The Union Public Service Commission announces the vacancy for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) along with the notification. As per the CISF AC EXE LDCE 2021 notification, The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of the exam will be 23 (General-18, SC-03, ST-02).
The total no. of vacancies for CISF AC LDCE (EXE) 2019 was 10 to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants (EXE) through an Inter-Departmental recruitment drive.
For more information about the latest CISF recruitment and vacancies, visit the official website https://www.cisf.gov.in/
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Eligibility
To be eligible for the post of Assistant Commandant Executive, the candidates must have the following eligibility conditions:
- The candidates should have completed 4 years of regular services in the rank of Sub Inspector(GD) / Inspector (GD) including the period of basic training and should have a clean record of services till the issue of offer of appointment.
- The candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on 1st August 2019. However, the upper age limit will be relaxed up to a maximum of 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE: Syllabus
The exam pattern & syllabus for CISF AC(EXE) LDCE is set by the Union of Public Service Commission. The exam consists of 3 rounds:
- Round -I: Written-test
- Round -II: Physical Efficiency Test & Medical Test
- Round -III: Personal Ability Test / Personal Interview
Refer to the image below to know the scheme of the written exam
How to apply for CISF AC EXE LDCE exam online?
The CISF AC EXE LDCE exam is also conducted by UPSC. Candidates can go through the following steps to apply for the CISF AC EXE Limited Departmental Competitive Examination:
- The candidates are required to fill in the application form online on the UPSC’s website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Create a registration account by clicking appropriately on the link provided below the “login” button.
- On the registration module, provide Name (as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate), CISF Number, rank and Date of Birth (as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate).
- Provide your e-mail address and re-enter your e-mail address.
- Enter the random number which is appearing on the screen and click the submit button.
- Candidates are also required to route a hard copy of the online-submitted application through proper channel to the CISF authorities at the address: Director General, Central Industrial Security Force, 13, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi110003, for verification and onward transmission to the Commission.
Examination Centres for CISF AC Examination 2021
The examination will be conducted at the following centres:
Agartala, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Ga
ngtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji(Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj(Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam.
CISF Assistant Commandant Salary
The Assistant Commandant in CISF is a Grade A officer under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The CISF salary for Assistant Commandant post as per the 7th Pay Commission is mentioned in the table below:
|Rank||CISF Salary||CISF AC ( Pay Band)|
|Assistant Commandant||Rs.56,100-Rs.1,77,500||Pay band-3|
Along with the basic pay, CAPF AC salary also includes house allowances, dearness allowance, ration money, transport allowance, special duty allowance, dress allowance, hardship allowance and medical allowance.
To know in details, refer to the images below:
You can refer to the related links below for any further details:
Aspirants of other government exams can go through the following links for assistance-