Revision Notes for CBSE Class 8 Maths Chapter 12 – Free PDF Download
Free PDF download of Class 8 Maths Chapter 12 – Exponents and Powers Revision Notes & Short Key-notes prepared by expert Maths teachers from latest edition of CBSE(NCERT) books. All Chapter 12 – Exponents and Powers Revision Notes to help you to revise complete Syllabus and Score More marks.
Maths NCERT Solutions for Class 8
|Chapter Name||Exponents and Powers|
|Subject||Maths Revision Notes|
Quick Revision Notes
- Numbers with exponents obey the following laws of exponents.
- Very small numbers can be expressed in standard form using negative exponents.
- Use of Exponents to Express Small Number in Standard form:
(i) Very large and very small numbers can be expressed in standard form.
(ii) Standard form is also called scientific notation form.
(iii) A number written as is said to be in standard form if m is a decimal number such that and n is either a positive or a negative integer.
- Examples: 150,000,000,000 = 1.5 x 1011.
- Exponential notation is a powerful way to express repeated multiplication of the same number. For any non-zero rational number ‘a’ and a natural number n, the product a x a x a x ……….. x a(n times) = an.
It is known as the nth power of ‘a’ and is read as ‘a’ raised to the power n’. The rational number a is called the base and n is called exponent.