CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Chapter 5 Important Questions – Free PDF Download
Free PDF download of Important Questions for CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Chapter 5 Children and Sports prepared by expert Physical Education teachers from latest edition of CBSE(NCERT) books, On CoolGyan.Org to score more marks in CBSE board examination.
You can also Download Physical Education Revision Notes Class 12 to help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Jump to 3 Marks Questions
Jump to 5 Marks Questions
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Important Questions Chapter 5 Children and Sports
1 Mark Questions
VERY SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTION (1 MARK EACH)
Q1. Define Motor Development?
Ans. Motor Development refers to the development of a child’s bone, muscles and ability to move around any manipulate their movement.
Q2. What is Physical Activity?
Ans. Physical Activity is defined as any bodily movement, produced by skeletal muscles, requiring energy expenditure.
Q3. State Food Supplement?
Ans. Food Supplement means Nutrients that is added to the diet to nourish body that are not getting in the regular diet. Food supplement include Vitamins, minerals, Fibres, Fatty Acids or Amino acids among other substances. They can be In the form of powder or tablet.
Q4. What do you mean Weight Training?
Ans. Weight Training means, those exercise that are designed to strengthen specific muscles by causing them to overcome a fixed resistance in the form of Barbells, Dumbles.
Q5. Elucidate the meaning of Gross Motor Development?
Ans. Gross Motor Development involves, the development of large muscles in the child’s body such as sitting, walking, running, climbing, jumping etc.
Q6. Defind Fine Motor Development?
Ans. Fine Motor Development involves, the small muscles of the body, specially in the small movements of Fingers and hand such as Writing, Holding, Catching, Smashing etc.
Q7. Write the meaning of Quality of Life?
Ans. Good Quality of Life refers to a life style where a person can carry out their day to day activities comfortably without strain.
3 Mark Questions
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTION (80 TO 90 WORDS) –
(3 MARKS EACH)
Q1. Disadvantage of Weight Training in the children?
Ans. l. Risk of injury:- Incorrectly and excessive weight training introduce injury and pain in the children
2. Less flexibility:- Weight training reduces the level of flexibility because weight training mostly performs for the development of strength so children flexibility are negligible due to it.
3. Maturity:- Children should not begin, weight training or any other workouts until they are physically and emotionally mature enough to handle it because unmaturity of children lead to serious, bony injury or deformities in the children.
4. Growth of Children:- Excessive Weight training may cause negative effects on the normal growth of children.
5. Needs a Supporter:- No child performs any Weight training or workout in case of absence of supporter.
Q2. Write the need of Food supplements?
Ans. Food supplements is an addition in diet intended to provide nutrition such as Vitamins, Fibres, Minerals, Amino acids and Fatty acids. The advantages of Food supplement are:-
1. Food supplements will provide the substances, their body needs, If the diet is incomplete.
2. Food supplements ensure they get the substances and vitamins in sufficient quantity against requirements.
3. Food supplements are the easy way to get nutrients as needed.
4. Food supplements provide instant energy in emergencies.
Q3. Write the Dis-advantage of Food supplements?
Ans. l. Overdose of Food supplement always risk for organic systems, they may lead to allergic shocks or other reactions.
2. Food supplements are very expensive so it is not possible for each family to buy
3. Some body building supplements may contains steroids or like substances, those could lead to serious liver, heart, kidneys injury.
4. Weight loss supplements may contain numerous untested ingredients which creates risk for children.
5. The Possibility of contaminated Food supplement is very high so this great danger for children.
Q4. Write the physical benefits of exercise on children?
Ans. Physical exercise provide and opportunity for children to feel healthy and good, be active and have fun and express themselves. Some of the physical benefits of exercise are:-
1. Health:- Exercise encourages a healthy growth and development of children’s body that includes developing coordination and movement control, feeling more energetic and maintaining a healthy body weight.
2. Mental Health:- Exercise improves concentration skills and ability to manage anxiety and stress. It also helps children to feel more confident, happy and relaxed. It improves the Self-esteem and Self concept and brings the sense of belonging among the children.
3. Social skills:- The great way of developing social skills like coordination, cooperation, team work among the children. It also help developing leadership quality in them. Active children are less involved anti-social activities or criminal activities.
Q5. Explain the Physiological benefits of Physical exercise on children?
Ans. 1. Strengthens the Heart and it’s activity:- Regular exercise improves the working capacity of heart by strengthening the heart muscles and saves the person from various heart diseases. It prevents sugar accumulation in the blood and reduces the risk of diabetes. It regulates the blood pressure and increases the energy level of a person.
2. Strengthens the Bones and muscles:- Regular exercise enhances the bones mineral density and also keeps them stronger. It is important for growing children to have stronger bones, even the muscles become stronger through regular exercise.
3. Keeps veins and arteries clean:- Exercise helps to enhance blood flow in the body. It helps in reducing harmful cholesterol and fats from the child’s body. It increases the flexibility of blood vessels and reduces extra weight.
5 Marks Questions
LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTION [150 TO 200 WORDS] –
(5 MARKS EACH)
Q1. Write the Advantages of Weight Training?
Ans. 1. Improve the posture and range of motion:- Weight training helps to develop correct posture and extension, contraction of muscles leading to increase range of movement.
2. Increase muscles strength, bone density and endurance:- Resistance training can improve bone density and muscles mass. Due to the more muscles mass, the tolerance power is increased and improves endurance of the system.
3. Protection against the injury:- Weight training, improves physical activity, system of the body and reduces risk of injury.
4. Promote health blood pressure and Cholesterol level:- Physical exercise with the resistance training decreases bad cholesterol level and increases good cholesterol. It also improves blood circulation, which is turn maintains a healthy blood pressure.
5. Improves immune system function:- With the proper digestion, release of enzymes, Absorption of nutrients, release of toxic substances and healthy functioning of body Organs, the immune system functioning is improved and the body become capable of
fighting against diseases and infections.
6. Improves Psycho-social well being:- A child with the well shaped healthy body with more potential to work is better accepted by society. A well maintained healthy physique makes a child more confident or raise his/her self esteem.
Q2. Write the role of Physical activities in improving Quality of Life among the children?
Ans. 1. Physical activity improved Mental health
a. Mental wellness:- Physical activity can relieve tension, anxiety, depression and anger
b. Improves memory and active mind:- Exercise increases the flow of oxygen, which directly Effects the brain. Mental brilliance and memory can be improved with Physical Activities.
c. Improves Mental activities:- Regular Physical activities help in keeping the thinking Learning and judgement skills sharp. It can also reduce the risk of darker aspect of life.
2. Physical activity improves social health
a. Physical activity help to improve self images.
b. Promote enthusiasm and optimism:- Physical activities help a child to promote enthusiasm and optimism for better social recognition in the peer group.
3. Physical activity improves Physical Health
a. Stronger immunity:- lt enhances child’s immune system and decreases the risk of developing any chronic Illness and disease associated with the age and maintains quality of life.
b. Improves the heart activities and heart chronic diseases:- Physical activities help delay or prevention of heart chronic illness by improving the working capacity
of heart such as controlling the blood pressure, good cholestrol, Controlling 2 types of diabetes
c. Strengthens bones and muscles:- Regular muscle strengthening activities help to increase or maintain the muscle mass and strength. It also helps in improving healthy and flexibility of joints. Regular physical activities helps with the bones and joints of the body.
d. Maintain healthy weight:- Regular physical activities helps with digestion and promotes regular movements. It also rises the metabolism and helps to loose extra weight easily.
e. Prolonged Optimal Health:- Regular physical activity improves the strength, stamina and ability of organic system in the children.
Q3. Explain the Motor Development during the childhood?
Ans. Motor Development means “The development of movement and various Motor abilities from birth till death”. Motor development is progressive change In movement throughout the life cycle. As the matter of fact, the ability to move is essential to human development. Various Motor movements or Motor skills are essential for everyday life activities such as walking, Sitting, Running, Jumping, Catching or Holding, Throwing etc.
Motor Development in Children
1. Early Childhood:- The period of early childhood starts from second year and continue till sixth Year. The motor development during this period takes place rapidly. It is know as Preschool years.
a. In this period, a child becomes perfect in various fundamental movements such as Running, Jumping throwing & catching/holding ability to unite or combine
b. Children stride length increases and they develop a more mature running pattern.
c. Proficiency in climbing on ladder become efficient.
d. To hope and gallop skillfully.
e. Fine eye hand coordination.
2. Middle Childhood:- The period of middle childhood starts from 7th year and continues up till 10th year. During this period the changes, which takes place are:
a. Children become more active & energetic.
b. Strong desire to engage in various physical movements and activities.
c. Good Eye-Hand-Leg coordination.
d. Better in balance and postures.
e. Motor skills are perfected and stabilized.
f. Coordinative abilities develop at the higher level while the flexibility develop at the slower level
3. Late Childhood:- The period of late childhood begins from 11th year and continues upto 12th year or till The beginning of sexual maturation process. The no of changes take place during this period are:
a. Girls are temporarily taller and heavier than boys because of the earlier onset of Puberty.
b. Strength begins to differ among the boys and girls.
c. Most of the children are master to most complex motor skills.
e. They learn strategies and more complex combination of motor skills.
f. Running and jumping movements, qualitatively and quantitatively develop at the faster rate Coaches and Teachers of Physical Education should continue to encourage skill development With an increasing stress on strategies and tactics.
Q4. Discuss the factors affecting Motor development in children?
Ans. The factors affecting Motor Development in Children are:-
l. Heredity:-Jeans are the small structure of body, which are responsible for various types Of development of children. The working capacity of all organic systems are dependent on jeans. The no of factors, which are transferred from parents to children are
a. Muscle fibres
b. Length of limbs
c. Working capacity of Cardio-vascular system
d. Bony structure
e. Inhered chronical diseases